Saturday, February 10, 2007

Great day in the morning!!

Today was the 3rd annual Stride & Ride event to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and what a day it was!



My team which consisted of Jennie, J, Wendy, Rebekah, Dayle, Carey, Stephanie, Lori, Keith, Eimear, and myself all shown here, and Diane, and Crystal who were absent but active fundraisers, raised $1871 (or more, I didn’t get an official tally) which at our request will go towards research for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

I will never forget the day because it was one of those rare times when many of the people you care about are in one place.



Here is a picture of Wendy and Elisabeth Bryant. Could Wendy be any more beautiful?!! And that baby is TOO CUTE!!



And this is one of my favorite Jennie and J pics. I think their kindness shows in their eyes.



A special treat came when my old friend Keith, and his wife Eimear showed up with 3 of their 4 children, 2 of whom were less than 2 months old. This is a pic of Keith showing me one of the precious twins.

Without being mushy, I just want to say I felt truly loved today, and I will always value the friendship and support you guys so generously give to me :)

8 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm glad you got such good pics! I thought Saturday was such a good day. How often do you get to spend that much time with good friends and do some good in the process?

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I am so sorry that I couldn't be there...I wanted to show my support for you and your wonderful self!! I am so glad that you had such a great turnout, and here's to hoping you beat that "other" team with your fundraising efforts. And I agree, Wendy is just gorgeous--and that's hard to do next to a beautiful baby :)
You know you can't outdo children and animals, but she is trying.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger rebstar said...

these are GREAT photos--i especially love the one of wendy and baby E!! :)

Dana, i was so honoured to be a part of this wonderful team again. i'm already looking forward to next year!!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger wiebke said...

I cannot believe the total! We rocked! I especially loved the addition of babies to the mix. :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Is that Lori Medford in the group fundraising picture?

This is nuts. I really think it IS. I don't know what her married name would be.

I went to highschool with her 17 years ago. I just stumbled across this blog totally by accident.

WEIRD!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Okay. I kind of like reading random people's blogs and I just stumbled across yours (a friend of a friend of a friend). And I'm freaking out a little...

Is that Lori Medford in the group fundraising picture? I don't know if she's married, or what her married name would be. The picture is teeny, but I really think it IS her.

I went to highschool with her 17 years ago. She was Band Queen to my boyfriend's Band King. They shared a polite kiss on the cheek, rather than the normal big whopper smooch, out of respect for me.

No WAY..is that really her??

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Whoops. Sorry. Didn't mean to double post.

I hate it when people do that!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Or was it Medley?

Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home