Sunday, May 07, 2006

city of angels

I've been wanting to post for a while, but haven't figured out how to articulate what I'm feeling without being sappy. I am going to give it a shot now because it is important me. So bear with me:

I have recently been lucky enough to be involved somewhat in the events leading up to Jennie's and J's wedding, and eventually the wedding itself. During this time (not JUST during this time, but this time has illustrated it more clearly to me) I have been blown over by the kindness and consideration of the people in the circle of friends originating in Batesville. Those of you know me, or at least those of you who have read the hundred things about me, know that I did not have a lot of friends growing up because I was pretty isolated. And I'm not whining about that; I'm just pointing out how new it is to me that because of these people, I can actually go someplace and not have to worry about whether it is going to be accessible, whether someone will help me find the ramp, whether someone will help me cut my food, whether l'll be able to participate in the activities, whether I'll feel included, or even how I'll get there, because I know that my friends are looking out for me. All of that gives me a feeling of security and confidence that I have never felt before, and I believe it is helping me become a stronger person. I can feel it happening.

So all of you of whom I speak know who you are and you should feel so proud for the people- for the friends- that you are! I can trace about 90% of the great things that've happened to me in the last several years to one specific moment and that is when Wendy Willets had the misfortune :) of walking into Leisure Arts. Her bad luck turned out to be my good luck, because from then on, I have been surrounded by angels on earth.

:)

5 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger wiebke said...

Thanks for making me tear up first thing this morning! ;) You don't know how lucky I feel to know you and have you as a friend. I love you!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Boy, when you decide to post, you pack a wallop! Yup, I to teared up a bit at this one. You don't know how many times in the 2 years I've been so greatful for the day I had enough sense to join Bunco when you asked me! Not only have I been able to get closer to you, but I walked right into a welcoming and ever expanding circle of friends. Its rare for old friend to welcome new ones so totally, and it's good stuff.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I'm a Batesvillian and grew up around these people my entire life...and I teared up. It does something to you to have a friend (or in this case friends) who are just NICE. I can only hope that I get to spend more time around you cuz I just love and adore you!!!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

oops...sorry
I loved loved loved yours and Kathy's reading...and you were beautiful as always.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I have truly been honored to get to know you. You are an amazing person...with such traits that I dream of having. The wedding was so neat....there is a picture of you and Jennie at the wedding on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home