Tuesday, June 26, 2007

8 random thoughts inspired by Stephanie

1. My first thought when starting this list was, “I don’t have 8 thoughts left.” I just got home from work.
2. I don’t understand why one person who I’ve been my best self for can’t ever say, “I’m happy for you,” or “you deserve to be happy.” And why do I care?
3. I find myself grinning a lot lately.
4. My bus driver yesterday tried to hit on me. EEEWWW. Talk about a LONG ride home.
5. I got my first manicure last week, and I enjoyed it but it didn’t rock my world.
6. One of my nephews had kidney trouble last week, and while thinking about it, I realized I would give up a kidney for any of them. It wasn’t that serious (thank God) but it was enlightening to realize how much I love them.
7. I finally started Sudoku and I LOVE it.
8. The disability rights resources in Arkansas are inadequate to say the least.

Bonus thought: I will try to be more positive soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

I'm so happy you are hooked on Sudoku now! :)

I think part of the reason you care about #2 is explained in your statement. You stated that you had been your best self for this person. In my opinion, a true friend will only want you to be your TRUE self, on both good AND bad days. Perhaps this "friend" never truly earned the title.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

i agree with jennie. a real friend understands YOUR needs...regardless. and I love that you had to "realize" how much you love your nephews. Girl i'd give up alot for mine, so I understand. i still can't get addicted to sudoku.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger rebstar said...

number 2 (AND 6!!) really stood out to me, too. i read #2 and re-read it a few times...and i'm with Jennie on this one. :(

more positive soon?? you are WONderful, and you be however you want to be. :) besides, your version of negative = most persons' versions of positive!! :)
(does that make sense?) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home