Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Reconsidering

OK, will you guys think badly of me if I decide NOT to do Stride & Ride this year? The thing is, every time I think about it, I have this horrible sense of dread. Those of you who know me well know that while I'm quick with a smile, I'm not real keen on sharing my emotions with most people, so when I think of going to Stride & Ride, I think of the inevitable condolences and inquiries that I will face, and I'm not sure I'm at a place where I can smile my way through that. And I know that you guys would be there to support me, but I think I need a year of healing... does that make sense? When it occurred to me that I don't HAVE to do it this year, I felt this huge sense of relief, so I think I'm not going to do it. I hope that doesn't make me weak, and maybe I'll feel differently after the holidays, but for now that's where I am.

5 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Won't think badly of you at all. Maybe we could go for lunch instead on that day or something?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

isn't it nice when we finally realize we DON'T have to do things that make us uncomfortable. Good for you for doing what is best for YOU!

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that anyone who would think badly of your decision is, to borrow a phrase from Catch, a turd eater.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked for MDA for three years out in CA - it broke my heart to find your blog through a friend's. I miss all of the families I became so close to - my heart goes out to you - and you definitely have to do what's right for you!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger rebstar said...

dearest dana, i'm finding this post way too late, but i want you to know that i love you and support you. maybe you and jeb went to lunch together on the day? if not, i hope you do--that's a great idea! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home